Family and Children First Council

Mission: “Through collaboration provide quality support services for the well-being of children and families

1025 S. South Street Suite 400
Wilmington, OH 45177
Phone: 937-382-5726 x 1422
Fax: 937-383-2400

Maggie Henry, Coordinator

What are Family and Children First Councils and what do they do?

Every county in Ohio has a Family and Children First Council. Each council includes public and private agencies, as well as parents.  Council members work collaboratively to enhance the well-being of their county’s children and families by building community capacity, coordinating systems and services, and engaging families.

Read more about the function of a Family and Children First Council.

What programs does the Clinton County Family & Children First Council support and oversee?

The Child Intervention Team was created to provide service coordination and planning for families with children in crisis needing services from more than one county agency.  The CIT coordinator facilitates collaboration among the county’s agencies and organizations and aims to bring services to families and children in a way that is simple and organized.  CIT encourages early intervention in an effort to prevent children from out of home placements or from entering the juvenile justice system. The goal is to support children in the least restrictive environment. At all times the best interest of children and families is the fundamental concern.

For more information, contact Maggie Henry at 937-382-5726 (ext. 1422).

Help Me Grow is a program designed for Ohio’s expectant parents, newborns, infants and toddlers, that provides health and developmental services so that children start school healthy and ready to learn. Services are designed with the family’s concerns and goals in mind.  Services are provided by the Clinton County Board of Developmental Disabilities.

For more information, contact Marnie Reed at 937-382-5899.

The Preschool Basic Parenting Programan Incredible Years © program, is an evidence-based parenting program for parents with children three to six.  The program helps parents learn how to reduce their child’s behavior problems and increase their child’s self-control skills.  The program is provided by Solutions Community Counseling and Recovery Center.

For more information, contact Barbara Adams Marin at 937-382-4441 (ext. 116).

What organizations are members of the Clinton County Family & Children First Council?

The Clinton County, Ohio Family and Children First Council is comprised of family representatives and public and private organizations serving children and families.

View FCFC council members here.

What resources are available for Clinton County families?

The following resource guide is developed by Clinton County Community Action and includes contact information for local agencies and resources to assist children and families in Clinton County Ohio.

View the resource guide here: Clinton County Family Resource Guide

General Information
1025 S. South Street

Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.