Food Assistance


The Food Assistance Program, also known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) helps eligible low-income Ohioans by providing benefits to purchasing food to stretch their food budget and to buy healthy food. Food Assistance is another support that assists Clinton County Families towards financial stability.


You may qualify for benefits if your household's gross monthly income is at or under 130% of the federal poverty guidelines. These guidelines change yearly; you can find the current figures at Federal Poverty Guidelines. Some families may qualify if they have incomes over the limit if someone in the household is elderly or disabled.

To learn more about the Fresh EBT program in Ohio CLICK HERE: FRESH EBT/OHIO


As a condition of SNAP eligibility, some individuals may be required to participate in work requirements to receive their benefits. Work requirements could include working a specified number of hours per week, participating in a job search program for a specified number of hours per week, or participating in a work experience program. 


There are many ways to apply for SNAP benefits. You may apply online at Benefits.Ohio.Gov,  calling 1-866-635-3748 (follow the prompts for food assistance) or by filling out the Request for Cash, Food and Medical Assistance form (JFS 7200) and submitting it to your Clinton County Job and Family Services, Family Support Unit. Applications are accepted in-person during normal business hours Monday-Friday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. Applications may also be submitted by mail, email or at the drop box located outside of the Job and Family Services Building. 

You will need the following:

  • Social Security number for proof that you have applied for one
  • Income (pay stubs, tax records, or child support notices)
  • Identity (driver's license or state ID)
  • Housing and utility costs
  • Any child care or dependent care costs
  • Any child support you pay for children not living with you
  • Any medical expenses (including prescriptions) for those with disabilities or for those over the age of 60

The Agency may verify the information that you have provided by contacting other agencies or people. You may also be asked to provide additional documents.


Benefit amounts are determined based on household size, expenses, and in some situations, resources. If you qualify your monthly benefits will be loaded onto your Ohio Direction Card on a regular assigned date sometime between the first and 20th of the month.

FNS Nondiscrimination Statement

ln accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English’ To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.
To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.

Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250 -9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: program.intake@usda.sov
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Individuals eligible for, receiving services from or benefiting from programs funded by or through the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) are protected by various laws, regulations, rules, and policies against unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, disability, political affiliation (food stamps only), age, sex, citizenship/ participant status (WIOA Programs only) and national origin. If you believe that you have been denied or delayed services for which you are eligible because of your race, color, national origin, religion, sex, political affiliation (food stamps only), disability or age, you must file your complaint within six months of the date on which the incident or treatment happened. You may call the Bureau of Civil Rights to submit your complaint, or you may submit your complaint in writing. If the complaint is submitted by telephone you can call (614) 644-2703 or Toll Free 1-866-227-6353.

General Information
Child Protection Unit
Child Support Enforcement Agency
OhioMeansJobs: Clinton County’s Employment and Training Center
Phone Numbers
Emergencies: Dial 911
1025 S. South Street

Monday - Friday
7:30am - 4:30pm