Employer Resources

Employer Resources

Employers are essential partners of the Child Support Program. They work cooperatively with the Child Support Program to ensure that children receive regular and consistent financial and medical support.

If a parent has been ordered to pay child support an Income Withholding Order will be issued to their employer with instructions on how to withhold child support. In addition to an Income Withholding Order, an employer may also received a National Medical Support Notice (NMSN). Federal and State law require the employer to enroll an employee in health insurance, if available upon receipt of the NMSN. 

Employers are also responsible for reporting any changes in the employment status of an employee, such as, layoff, termination, leave of absence without pay or resignation. Within 10 days of the occurrence the employer should notify the Child Support Unit and provide the last known address and any information available regarding new employment for the employee.

Employers must report any newly hired employees or contractors who live or work in Ohio within 20 days of their start date.

Additional information can be found in the links below or by contacting the agency.

Employers Resource Guide to Child Support

Multi-Order Child Support Calculator

Office of Child Support Employer Resources Overview

Office of Child Support Income Withholding Overview

Office of Child Support Medical Support

New Hire Reporting

Individuals eligible for, receiving services from or benefiting from programs funded by or through the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) are protected by various laws, regulations, rules, and policies against unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, disability, political affiliation (food stamps only), age, sex, citizenship/ participant status (WIOA Programs only) and national origin. If you believe that you have been denied or delayed services for which you are eligible because of your race, color, national origin, religion, sex, political affiliation (food stamps only), disability or age, you must file your complaint within six months of the date on which the incident or treatment happened. You may call the Bureau of Civil Rights to submit your complaint, or you may submit your complaint in writing. If the complaint is submitted by telephone you can call (614) 644-2703 or Toll Free 1-866-227-6353.

General Information
Child Protection Unit
Child Support Enforcement Agency
OhioMeansJobs: Clinton County’s Employment and Training Center
Phone Numbers
Emergencies: Dial 911
1025 S. South Street

Monday - Friday
7:30am - 4:30pm