COVID-19 OFFICE UPDATE:
The County Recorder’s Office is open to the Public 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. M-F
- The Recorder is currently limiting the number of persons allowed in the office due to the arrangement and the small footprint of the office, therefore you are encouraged to call in advance of your visit when possible.
- We will continue to conduct business by phone, fax and email as appropriate.
- To help keep our employees and the community safe, please maintain social distancing of at least 6’, and make use of the hand sanitizer and gloves that are provided when using the public computers, copier and when using the office records.
- We appreciate our customers being responsible for their safety and the safety of others when entering the office and using any additional safety measures that they believe necessary.
- We appreciate your patience as we transition into opening the office back up and as always the opportunity to serve you.
Notice of Increased Recording Fees Due to Legislative Action (HB 166)
Effective October 17, 2019, recording fees for most documents will increase by $6.00 due to the passage of HB 166 by the Ohio Legislature.
The new recording fee will be $34.00 for the first two pages and $8.00 for each additional page. Half of all recording fees collected are required to be submitted to the state to credit the Ohio Housing Trust Fund.