The Clinton Soil and Water Conservation District works to improve and preserve soil, water, and natural resources in Clinton County, Ohio through technical assistance and education.
The District was formed August 17, 1946 for the purpose of developing a program for the conservation of soil and water resources. The Clinton Soil and Water Conservation District is a local unit of government and is a legal subdivision of the State of Ohio under the Ohio Department of Agriculture.
The Clinton Soil and Water Conservation District is an organization governed by a board of supervisors that is composed of five local land owners of Clinton County. The board members are elected for a three-year term at the district’s annual meeting and receive no monetary compensation for their service.