- 2979 Clarksville Rd. at the intersection of Cowan Creek Rd in Vernon Township
- 60 acres of riparian corridor along Cowan Creek with a gravel parking lot, information display, 3 benches, 2 waste containers and 1.25 miles of hiking trail along the scenic Cowan Creek
- Identified by the Ohio Biological Survey conducted in July of 1955 and again in July, 1978 as the most unique area of Clinton County.
- Great fishing during the Spring and early Summer,
important bird area as designated by the National Audubon Society.
- Devils Backbone area recognized for its rich biodiversity of plants.
- Healthy amphibian, reptile, and wild turkey populations along the creek valley.