WIC provides nutrition education, counseling, nutritious food and referral to:
- Pregnant Women
- Women breastfeeding an infant
- Women less than 6 months post partum who are not breastfeeding
- Infants birth to 12 months of age
- Children 1 to 5 years of age
*Each eligible person in the family applying for food must be present at certification.
Applicant must show the following:
- Identification for each person applying for food (Driver’s license, birth certificate, Medicaid card, shot record)
- Proof of address (Driver’s license, utility bill, junk mail)
- Proof of household income for the past 30 days (pay stubs, child support printout, letter from SSI, Medicaid card, note from employer)
WIC Income Guidelines
The WIC income eligibility guidelines are used by state agencies to determine if an applicant is eligible when they are applying for WIC benefits. In order for an applicant to be eligible for the WIC program, they must have income at or below an income level or standard set by the state agency or be determined automatically income-eligible based on participation in certain programs such as SNAP.
Ohio WIC Income Guidelines
In order to be eligible for WIC, the gross countable income of the economic unit, of which the applicant/participant is a member, must be less than or equal to the Ohio WIC program income guidelines for economic unit size provided in the following chart. WIC income guidelines are updated each year.
|Economic Unit||Annually||Monthly||Twice Monthly||Biweekly||Weekly|
- Pregnant women need a proof of pregnancy (A verification of pregnancy from doctor or health professional
- Infants, children or women needing a special formula or diet must have a prescription from the doctor on WIC form
Ohio WIC Prescribed Formula and Food Request-Women, Infants and Children
- Immunization record for infants and children if available
Pregnancy verification, formula prescription, immunization records may be faxed to the clinic @ 937-382-7027.
Certification to determine eligibility is repeated every 6 months.
You may download a Combined Programs Application at the following link: http://medicaid.ohio.gov/forohioans/GetCoverage.aspx