111 S Nelson Ave.
Wilmington, OH 45177
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Walt Daniel- Zoning – Building & Zoning Manager
- Shelley McCune – Office Manager
For additional resources during COVID-19 please visit the Clinton County Response Hub.
The Clinton County Annex building is currently secured and closed to walk in services. However we are available via phone or email for any critical services.
We strongly encourage that all business be conducted by mail, phone or online to the extent possible.
APPLICATIONS, PLAN REVIEW & PERMIT ISSUANCE
- Applications for both building & zoning permits are available online and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Building Plans for review can also be submitted by email at email@example.com.
- Permits can be paid for and issued by calling our office at 937.382.3335 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this time.
Building and Electrical Inspections
Inspections in Clinton County are Monday – Friday.
Call 937.382.3335 to schedule your inspection at least 24 hours in advance of the inspection date.
Specific times cannot be guaranteed, but requests can be made for either morning or afternoon.
*Electrical(Service Reconnects), Footer/slab inspections have priority over other types of inspections.
*The Building Permit showing the permit number and location of the project must be on the job. Also, you will need your approved set of plans on the job site before the inspection can proceed.
All work being inspected must be complete and ready prior to inspection.
Residential and Commercial Building Checklists
- Residential – Building In Clinton County – Packet
- Residential Plan Review Checklist
- Commercial Plan Review Checklist
- Residential Building, Electrical, HVAC Applications
- Commercial Building Permit Application
- Agricultural Use Exemption Application
- Sign Permit Application
- Application for Home Occupation
- Independent Temporary Living Application
Building In Clinton County
- Creating a Building Lot
- Plot Plan
- Information That Must be on Plans
- Detached Building Plan Requirements
- Independent Temporary Living Steps
Building Sketches (Examples)
- Plot Plan Example
- Typical Wall Sections
- Typical Basement Wall Detail
- Typical Wall Sections
- Deck Details
- Pole Barn
- Above Ground Pools
- Inground Pools
- Temp Pole Example
- Wood Burning Stove
Building Fee Schedules
- Variance & Conditional Use Applications
- Clinton County Zoning Resolution 2014
- Rezoning Application
- Rezoning Steps
- Variance Steps
- Clinton County OH – Zoning Map – GIS – MAPS