Recycling not only preserves natural resources, but also helps to extend the lives of area landfills for future generations. To learn more about local recycling opportunities, check out one of the links listed below.
- Large Tire Recycling Event - The Clinton County Soil and Water Conservation District was recently awarded a grant from the Ohio EPA to assist with hosting a recycling event for larger tires (i.e. truck, tractor, agricultural tires). This event will take place on Saturday, August 23, 2014, but pre-registration is required. Click on the following link for more information: Large Tire Recycling. Should you have any questions, please contact the Clinton County Soil and Water Conservation District at (937) 382-2461.
- 2014 Tire Recycling Event- Here is your chance to get rid of your off-rim tires. The Solid Waste Management District will be hosting an event on Saturday, April 26, 2014 for Clinton County residents to recycle their scrap tires. Click here for a printable flyer containing complete rules and additional information about this event.
- Residential Drop-off Recycling - Various drop-off locations have been set up throughout the county for residents to recycle such items as newspapers, #1 & #2 plastic bottles, glass bottles, aluminum & steel cans, and other recyclable materials. Map of Recycling Drop off sites
- Wilmington Curbside Recycling – The City of Wilmington also offers curbside recycling for residents interested in participating. For more information, please contact the Wilmington Sanitation Department at 382-6474 or visit the following website: http://ci.wilmington.oh.us/sanitation.cfm.
- Recycling Resources - How do I get rid of that? Such items may include electronics, waste oil, tires, appliances, household hazardous wastes, and other materials. Click on this link to get those answers.
- Abitibi Paper Retriever Program – Interested in earning money for your school or non-profit organization while helping to recycle old paper in the process? Click on the following link to learn more about this free program or to find the nearest location to where you live: Abitibi Paper Retriever website.
- Bottle-Bin Recycling Containers for Loan – Planning a carnival or company picnic? Use this form to reserve your FREE recycling containers for plastic soda bottles and aluminum cans.
- Annual “Get Caught Recycling” Campaign – During the month of October, representatives of the SWMD will randomly be awarding prizes to lucky residents caught recycling at area drop-off locations. Be on the lookout as you could be the next person caught “green-handed”!
Return to Solid Waste and Recycling Home Page