Some items are not accepted at any of the nineteen drop-off locations, but can be taken to other places for proper disposal or recycling. Listed below are some or the most common “hard-to-get-rid-of” materials and local waste removal services. Please note that nominal charges may apply for various products and services.
Recycling Resources Brochure (2016-2017) – Printable version of the most recent Recycling Resource Brochure. For an expanded list of specific items, check out the links below.
- Cell Phones
- Compact Fluorescent Lightbulbs (CFLs)
- Construction and Demolition Materials
- Corrugated Cardboard – (commercial and residential)
- Flower Pots and Trays (plastic)
- Household Hazardous Wastes – (i.e. chemicals, pesticides, acids, etc.)
- Packaging Materials – (i.e. peanuts, bubble wrap, foam sheets)
- Plastic Bags
- Scrap Metal
- Thrift Stores
- Waste Haulers
- Waste Oil
- Wood Pallets
Note: The information contained on this site serves only as a resource for local residents. Any business wishing to be included on or deleted from this list should contact the Clinton County Solid Waste Management District. The Clinton County Solid Waste Management District does not endorse any of the businesses, products, or services presented here.