Kathi Spirk, Director
Gina Speaks Eshler, Deputy Director
1025 S. South Street
Wilmington, Ohio 45177
Office Phone: 937-382-0963
Toll Free Number: 1-800-811-3700
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 pm
Three options for applying for cash, food and medical assistance:
- We have same day / walk-in Intake appointments Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 9:30 a.m on a first come, first served basis.
- You can use the link below to print a JFS 07200 – Request for Cash, Food and Medical Assistance and return it in person, by mail or fax. http://www.odjfs.state.oh.us/forms/results1.asp
- You can apply online using this link: https://odjfsbenefits.ohio.gov/SelfServiceSplash.jsf
For most programs, options 2 & 3 must be followed by an interview. Please tell us if you would prefer a telephone interview. If a telephone interview is not requested, we will send you a letter instructing you to come into the office for an interview.
- Cash Assistance (Ohio Works First)
- Food Assistance (commonly known as food stamps)
- PRC (commonly known as emergency assistance)
- Child Care
- Adult Protective Services – provides investigation and services to adults aged 60 and over who are alleged to be physically or emotionally abused, neglected or exploited, including incidents of self-neglect.
- Other Services
Procedures for Filing Complaints
If you do not agree with an action or decision on your benefits by the Clinton County Department of Job and Family Services, or you think the agency should have done something it has not done, you can ask for a county conference and/or a state hearing. You may call Clinton County Department of Job and Family Services at 937-382-0963 and talk to the administrative staff about your case, or schedule a county conference. You may request a state hearing by writing to: The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, State Hearings, P.O. Box 182825, Columbus, Ohio 43218-2825 or by calling 1-866-635-3748. If you want to know more about how state hearings work, ask the agency for a copy of “Explanation of State Hearing Procedures” ODJFS 4059.