The Safety Seat Program in Clinton County Ohio offers support to local residents to help protect children in the event of a vehicle accident. Services available to all Clinton County residents are child safety seat inspections, installation guidance, product recall checks and informative literature.
Clinton County participates in the Ohio Department of Health’s Ohio Buckles Buckeye program to offer assistance to eligible low-income families. The goal of this program is to increase the availability of child safety seats to families that otherwise could not afford them. Contact us to determine if your family meets the requirements of the program.
Staff & Contacts:
National Child Passenger Safety Certified Technicians
Melanie Nienaber, CPS Technician, Safety Seat Program Coordinator
Katie Burwinkel, CPS Technician
Tansy Bernard, CPS Technician
Contact us to schedule an appointment for a safety seat inspection!
Did you know?
- The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends children remain rear-facing until 2 years old or until they reach the highest weight and height limit for their child restraint.
- The child’s head needs to be 1 inch below the top of the seat.
- Car seat manufacturers place expiration dates on child restraints.
- Children should ride in a booster seat until they reach 4 feet 9 inches and are 8 years old.
- Ohio Buckles Buckeyes Program -Ohio Department of Health
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Search for Recalled Safety Seats
- Safe Kids Worldwide
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
- Ohio Law- Ohio Revised Code 4511.81
- Governors Highway Safety Association- State laws
- Charles F. Fischer Society