- 1980 Graduate of Wilmington High School
- 1994 Graduate of Wright State University with B.S. in Accounting (summa cum laude)
- 1997 Graduate of Capital University Law School (Juris Doctorate)
- After admission to the practice of law in 1997, worked as a partner in the law firm of Gano Law Offices, also work part-time as a Prosecutor for the City of Wilmington.
- In 2001 bacame the first full-time Chief Prosecutor/Assistant Director of Law for the City of Wilmington.
- Was appointed as a full-time Magistrate for the Clinton County Common Pleas Court in February of 2003.
Magistrate Rowlands handles Domestic Relations and Felony cases.